Tuesday, January 09, 2007

Possibly the best Salmon you've ever made!

...is what my husband said about this recipe. I'm not a huge salmon fan, but since I'm trying to eat healthy foods and, well, salmon is healthy, I'm making an effort to eat it. This dish is loaded with flavor and soooooo easy to prepare! The original recipe called for grilling it on a charcoal grill (which I will definitely try when the weather gets warmer) but I think it's nice baked in the oven. I served it with a sautee of asparagus and sugar snap peas, plus a nice whole grain rice pilaf. It was a terrific dinner.

Asian Baked Salmon

1 side fresh salmon, boned but skin on (about 1.5 pounds)

For the marinade:
2 tablespoons Dijon mustard
3 tablespoons good soy sauce
6 tablespoons good olive oil
1/2 teaspoon minced garlic (I used more like a tablespoon, but then I adore garlic)

Preheat oven to 400 degrees


Lay the salmon skin side down on a cutting board and cut it crosswise into 4 equal pieces. Whisk together the mustard, soy sauce, olive oil, and garlic in a small bowl. Reserve half of the marinade for later. Place the salmon in a well-oiled casserole dish skin side down. Drizzle half of the marinade onto the salmon and allow it to sit for 10-15 minutes. Cook for 20 minutes.

Take it out of the oven, transfer to a plate skin side down, spoon the reserved marinade on top and cover with foil. Let it sit for 5 minutes. The salmon will be slightly undercooked in the center when you first pull it out, but don't worry; it will keep cooking as it sits.

Remove the skin and serve warm, at room temperature, or chilled.

Serves 4

No comments: