Sunday, November 20, 2005

A Big Shout Out!

Hullo there to all you STERIS employees. My sister, dutiful frequenter of this blog, informs me that I have a following at her company. Thanks, sis, for the referral. It helps to know people actually read this....that I'm not just tossing words and precious time out into the technological abyss.

Maybe it would be appropriate here to share some background on why I chose to blog. In terms of culinary blogs, the one that sparked me - over a year ago - can be found here: http://blogs.salon.com/0001399/2002/08/25.html It's called the Julie-Julia Project. Julie Powell, from NYC, decided to try to cook all 500 or so recipes from Julia Childs' book "Mastering the Art of French Cooking" within a year. Her blog chronicles her trials and tribulations, and from Day 1 I was addicted. Not only because I grew up loving Julia Child (watched her shows on PBS for as long as I can remember) but because I love any writings about food.

Check out my bookshelf next time you're at my house. In addition to cookbooks, I have many food-related non-fiction books by chefs and food critics like Ruth Reichel, M.F.K. Fisher, Anthony Bourdain, Jeffrey Steingarten - to name a few. So, when an average Jane like Julie Powell began her project and started writing about it daily, I was there! (I'm all about instant gratification, as my sister and dear husband will no doubt attest.)

So my plan is to treat this blog similarly. This gourmet dessert business is my project, and you all are invited to ride along to see what happens. While my blog won't be nearly as colorful as Julie's (and the language should be less salty - Although I did type "butt-load" yesterday, which allowed me to feel very mischievous!) I hope you find it somewhat entertaining. And please, feel free to comment. My sister informed me that the Comments feature had become unusable. I tinkered a bit (without really knowing what I was doing) and think I got it working again...so please, feel free to help a girl out.

Thanks for reading me, my pretties!

No comments: